In this episode:
Chris Nickerson, founder of Lares and BSides, is our feature guest. Plus news from Telsa, SparkFun, eFolder, Fortrust, Optiv, CyberGRX, Red Canary, and a lot more.
Yes, we do know where you can buy a Colorado = Security thong
The founder of SparkFun has created a robot that's got your back. It's not a very cute robot unfortunately. Also this week, the Colorado = Security podcast is selling out (we hope), we learn that DIA booked an IR training, Telsa is charging up Littleton, eFolder is folding into a competitor, Fortrust is swallowed by a Mountain, Optiv sees its way to a Gartner top 10, Red Canary sings a dirge for perimeter security, and a lot more bad puns.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Chris Nickerson, founder of Lares and BSides, is our feature guest this week. Alex sat with Chris to learn about Chris's background, hear some of the stories of the early security community in Colorado, and what it's like building a conference and a security consulting company.
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now.
- Denver International Airport held large-scale emergency response training
- Castle Rock to startups: We want you
- Tesla opens a showroom and service center in the heart of Littleton
- SparkFun founder uses robot to crack open safe live at security event Def Con
- eFolder merging with California company (Axcient)
- Fortrust being bought by Iron Mountain
- Optiv Security Ranked Top 10 Global Security Consulting Provider by Revenue by Gartner
- CyberGRX Expands Senior Leadership Team with Key Executive Appointments
- Red Canary Blog: Security Mistake - Focusing on the perimeter
- Apex Awards - CISO of the year award is up now!
- Google - Security Operations Engineer, Google Cloud (Apigee)
- Denovo Ventures LLC - Director of Information Security
- SecureWorks - Managed Security Services Consultant
- IHS Markit - Enterprise Risk Management, Senior Manager
- Trustech - Senior Network Security Engineer
- Cognizant - Associate Director, Corporate Security GRC
- Ball Aerospace, Information Security - Cyber Security Specialist (entry level)
- Ball Aerospace, Information Security - Cyber Security Operations Lead
- Welltok - Business Security Liason
- Ping Identity - Security Compliance / GRC Analyst & Jr Product Security Engineer
This Week and Next:
- DenverSec - Meetup - 8/7
- ISSA Denver - August Meetings - 8/8-9
- SecureSet - Expert Series - Clark Hobbie, Miranda and Open Source - 8/10
- SecureSet - Colorado Springs Open Hours - 8/11
- ISSA - Financial Services SIG - 8/16
- SecureSet - Cybersecurity Career Trends - Shawn Owen, CEO of SALT Lending - 8/17
- NCC - Cybersecurity oversight training - 8/17
- DenverSec - North Meetup - 8/17
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
- 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum - 8/30-31
- SecureWorld Denver - 11/1-2
- NCC - Governor's Cyber Symposium - 11/1-3
- CTA - APEX Awards - 11/8
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org