In this episode:
David Willson, lawyer from Titan Info Security Group joined us. Plus news from Galvanize, Red Lion, Ping Identity, Coalfire, InteliSecure, and more.
"Alexa, teach me to code"
Denver-based Galvanize is going to be taking the lead on teaching developers how to program for Alexa. Colorado is the most internet business friendly state in the country. Red Lion is moving their HQ to town. What exactly is an IDaaS? SOC2 changes are coming. And 10 things to avoid in your DLP rollout.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
David Willson, practicing lawyer at Titan Info Security Group, sat down with Robb this week to discuss what it's like being a lawyer doing security work, his service to our country, the legal landscape around security, and hacking back. You can reach David at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now.
- Colorado #1 easiest for internet businesses
- Galvanize teaming with Amazon to train developers on Alexa
- National hotel chain (Red Lion) moving its corporate headquarters to Denver
- Colorado's a cybersecurity center
- Ping Blog: What is Identity as a Service (IDaaS)?
- Coalfire Blog: SOC2 Changes are Coming (and you can have a voice)
- InteliSecure Blog: Top 10 DLP Pitfalls
- Check out all the local security company job openings!
- Dish Network - Identity Management Admin
- Charter Communications - Sr. Manager, Security Operations Center
- Charter Communications Security Job Fair
This Week and Next:
- ISSA - Financial Services SIG - 8/16
- SecureSet - Cybersecurity Career Trends - Shawn Owen, CEO of SALT Lending - 8/17
- NCC - Cybersecurity oversight training - 8/17
- DenverSec - North Meetup - 8/17
- ISSA COS - Mini Seminar - 8/19
- CTA - CTA 101 - 8/22
- CSA - August chapter meeting - 8/23
- SecureSet - Securing Your Digital Health Company - 8/23
- SecureSet - Cybersecurity Hackathon - 8/25
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
- 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum - 8/30-31
- SecureWorld Denver - 11/1-2
- NCC - Governor's Cyber Symposium - 11/1-3
- CTA - APEX Awards - 11/8
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com