In this episode:
Chris Martinez, CISO of DigitalGlobe, is our featured guest this week. News from: Sling TV, EasyMile, root9B, Webroot, InteliSecure, CableLabs, Red Canary, Ping Identity and more.
A french robot shuttle company's headquarters is coming to Denver? Oui oui
After last week's fireworks, we are back to a bit more normal news week. More details about root9B's upcoming asset auction, Webroot keeps growing, InteliSecure gets a pentesting certification, thought leadership by CableLabs, Red Canary and Ping Identity, and a lot more.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Chris Martinez, CISO of DigitalGlobe, sat down with Alex this week to discuss some exciting happenings there. DigitalGlobe is in the process of moving their entire operations into the cloud which includes over 70 petabytes of mapping data. Chris also discusses his thoughts on hiring and retention along with his career path.
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now.
- Sling TV CEO left for Pandora
- French autonomous shuttle maker (EasyMile) names Denver its new U.S. headquarters
- Identity thieves hijack cellphone accounts to go after virtual currency
- root9B is in trouble; faces auction of its assets
- Webroot announced significant growth in fiscal year 2017
- InteliSecure earns CREST certification
- CableLabs paper - A Vision for Secure IoT
- Red Canary blog: Detecting Ransomware: Behind the Scenes of an Attack
- Ping blog: What is Web Access Management (WAM)?
- CSA Meeting Survey
- Cybertech Girls 2017
- DigitalGlobe - Information System Security Engineer
- DigitalGlobe - Information System Security Site Reliability Engineer
- TeleTech - CISO
- KPMG - Manager, Cyber Security Services
- Deloitte - Cyber Risk & Compliance Manager
- Coalfire - Client Engagement Director - Cloud and Technology Services
- OppenheimerFunds - Cyber Security Manager Identity and Access
- First Western - Risk Analyst
- LogRhythm - Senior Security Analyst, GRC
- Lockheed Martin - Penetration tester (mid career)
- MacAulay-Brown, Inc. - Intercept Coordinator
- Crocs - IT Network Security Analyst (mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
This Week and Next:
- CTA - Sip and Connect - 8/29
- SecureSet - Hacking 101: Girl Develop It! Workshop - 8/30
- Colorado Springs ISSA - 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum - 8/30 - 8/31
- NCC - First Responder Cyber Exercise - 8/31
- DenverSec - South Meetup - 9/4
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com