In this episode:
Feature interview with TeleTech CISO Sam Masiello. News from Hosting.com, Optiv, Ping Identity, Red Canary, InteliSecure and more!
So it's the San Franciscan's fault my rent is so high?!
So far our listener survey feedback has been that folks want more of everything (news, job postings, events, and interviews). We'll try to keep you as plugged in with local news as we can, without increasing the length of the weekly shows. We had Alex back for this week's episode, and he didn't miss a beat.
One week left for our listener survey! Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Sam Masiello, CISO of TeleTech joined the podcast this week. He told Robb about his career path, including security leadership stops at MX Logic, Return Path, and Groupon. Sam shares how he got into security, what keeps him going, and gives some tips for those looking to break into the industry. Thanks to Sam for joining us.
Local security news:
- Where your last name shows up in the alphabet impacts your likelihood of success
- Denver luring workers away from SF
- Cybersecurity industry hopes women will help fill 1.8 million jobs
- Hosting.com dives into Amazon Web Services, buys Stelligent Systems
- Optiv Security acquires east-coast cybersecurity firm Comm Solutions
- Ping announces integration with Azure Active Directory for on premise apps
- Threat Hunting Is Not a Magical Unicorn
- A Day In The Life of A CISO - Starring Alex
- Air Methods - Dir IT Security & Compliance
- Webroot - Product Manager, Web and Network Security Products
- Lewis & Fowler - Senior Consultant - GRC Program Manager
- Akamai - Security Solutions Architect
- Pearson - Security Architect
- Nelnet - Security Analyst
- HP Enterprise - ArcSight Technology Consultant
- WebRoot - Mac Threat Research Analyst
- CyberGRX - IT Risk & Security Assessor, Third Party Assessments
- Town of Castle Rock - Information Security Specialist
This Week's Events:
- 4th annual Cyber Focus Day, Colorado Springs - 3/30
- SecureSet - Beginner's Intro to Capture The Flag - 3/31
- ISSA C.Springs - Security+ Exam Prep Seminar (1 of 2) - 4/1
Notable Upcoming Events:
- ISSA Denver's Women In Security Kick-Off 4/19
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference (RMISC) 5/9-11
- Denver BSides 5/12-13
- 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum 8/30-31
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com