In this episode:
Patrick Walsh, CEO of IronCore Labs is our feature guest. Plus bad news from root9B and DirectDefense, and good news from InteliSecure, Optiv, Target, Oracle, Denver Startup Week, and WebRoot.
Will root9B be around for next quarter's Cybersecurity 500 list?
"Welcome to the world’s largest pay-for-play data exfiltration botnet." That's what Colorado's own DirectDefense said about Carbon Black this week. And root9B, the public security company in Colorado Springs that's topped the Cybersecurity 500 list for the last 6 quarters, is in dire straits. Creditors are planning to auction their assets on August 31st. More routine stories include: Three Colorado security companies made the Inc 5000, Target brings next-day delivery to Denver, Gail Coury and ISSA COS get recognized, there WILL be a Cybersecurity Panel at Denver Startup Week, WebRoot makes an acquisition, and a chance for you to help out students at Red Rocks Community College.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Patrick Walsh is the founder and CEO of Boulder-based IronCorp Labs. They just made it through the TechStars program and tells tales of the experience. Patrick has had a great career, and shares his learnings along the way.
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now.
- International oil firm BP begins hiring for new 200-person Denver office - Hiring for a security architect (click here)
- Target expands next-day delivery to Denver
- Inc 5000 - 113 Colorado companies (Including DirectDefense, InteliSecure and Optiv)
- root9B assets to be auctioned
- Colorado Based DirectDefense Incorrectly Asserts Architectural Flaw in Cb Response | Carbon Black
- Snowmass Village hit by $60k phishing attack
- Gail Coury named to ISSA Honor Roll + COS ISSA wins chapter of the year
- Cybersecurity founders panel at DSW
- Webroot acquires Oregon security firm to fix the security industry's weakest link: humans
- Red Rocks CyberLab looking for hardware and you can help!
- MarkWest Energy - Enterprise Security Architect
- Frontier Airlines - Sr Network Security Engineer
- Assured Information Security, Inc - Advising Computer Engineer
- Kaiser Permanente - Analyst Cyber Risk Defense
- CU Denver - Instructor in Information Systems
- Navigant: Senior Consultant - Information Security and Forensics, Legal Technology Solutions - Remote Locations
- Westech - Robotic Network Security Engineer
- Deloitte - Senior Data Protection Security Analyst
This Week and Next:
- CTA - CTA 101 - 8/22
- CSA - August chapter meeting - 8/23
- SecureSet - Securing Your Digital Health Company - 8/23
- SecureSet - Cybersecurity Hackathon - 8/25
- CTA - Sip and Connect - 8/29
- SecureSet - Hacking 101: Girl Develop It! Workshop - 8/30
- Colorado Springs ISSA - 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum - 8/30 - 8/31
- NCC - First Responder Cyber Exercise - 8/31
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com