In this episode:
Brian Martin (aka Jericho) is our feature guest this week. News from: NCC, Western Union, Galvanize, InteliSecure, root9B, Ping Identity, Convercent, DigitalGlobe, Vertafore, SecureSet and more!
Exposed sensitive info on every player in the league? That's 30 second in the box
Summer must really be over, because news came fast and furious this week. Ed Rios is out at NCC, Western Union's moving their HQ, Galvanize is laying off employees, Boulder schools gets scammed and beefs up security, a security company makes Denver's Fast 50 list, news in the root9B soap opera, Ping Identity is the king of Open Banking?, Convercent has a good quarter, and a whole lot more news.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Brian Martin (nom de plume - Jericho) is one of the most famous and infamous security community members in Colorado. In this interview Brian tells us his background (hint: it involved some illegal stuff), his hobbies (hint: they have nothing to do with computers) and where he sees the industry going. You can check out my previous interview with Jericho here. Here is the Techdirt link he mentioned, for those who want to support them. And click here if you want to support the animal rescue he tells us about.
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now.
- How a Colorado company’s satellite images are helping Hurricane Harvey relief and recovery
- Major League Lacrosse Exposes Personal Information Of Every Player
- Panasonic Automotive Systems working on smart highway with CDOT
- Western Union's headquarters moving
- Galvanize, Denver-based tech educator, begins layoffs
- Boulder schools add safeguards after scammer steals $850,000
- Denver Business Journal's 2017 Fast 50 finalists revealed - InteliSecure Included
- root9B asset sale delayed until 9/28
- Ping is king for Open Banking’s UK framework
- Convercent Posts Record Results Second Quarter 2017
- Ed Rios leaving as CEO of NCC
- WIS meeting in September (tell all your gal pals)
- Upcoming CCSK training
- Cognizant - EndPoint Security Architect
- DigitalGlobe - Information System Security Site Reliability Engineer
- WellDyne - Director Information Technology Security / CISO
- Vertafore - Application and Product Security Manager
- Accenture - Cloud Security Senior Manager
- InteliSecure - Cyber Security Intelligence Expert
- Bureau of Reclamation - Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- SecureWorks - Security Sales Engineer (SLED) - Denver - Cybersecurity Services - SecureWorks
- Ping Identity - IT Systems Administrator
This Week and Next:
- DenverSec - South Meetup - 9/4
- ISSA September Chapter Meetings (Deon Mahafee) - 9/12-13
- CTA - Insights Series with Forrester Research - 9/13
- ISSA - Women in Security SIG - 9/14
- SecureSet - Career Conversations: Hilary Constable on Utilizing Your Network- 9/14
- CCSK Training - 9/16
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org