In this episode:
Randall Frietzsche, new CISO at Denver Health, is our feature guest this week. News from: Equifax, Amazon, Optiv, Webroot, Convercent, Ping Identity, SecureSet, Swimlane and more!
Who's tracking Equifax's credit score?
The biggest breach in history happened this week, and it likely impacted you. And: Denver's going to put up a fight to and land Amazon's home away from home, Optiv adds two big names to their board, Webroot names a new CEO, Convercent is trying to make Denver a more ethical place, Ping Identity is touring, SecureSet gives us the skinny on NICE, and Swimlane's blog is worth a read.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Randall Frietzsche, CISO and Privacy Officer at Denver Health, was our guest this week. Randall shared with us how he tackled getting integrated into a new company, advice for other new CISOs, where he sees the industry going, and his view on the Colorado security scene.
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now.
- Equifax mega-breach
- The Competition to Host Amazon's Second American Headquarters Is On
- Optiv adds two big name board members
- Mike Potts Named as Webroot CEO; Dick Williams to Retire
- Convercent Hosts Second Annual Ethics & Compliance Event, CONVERGE17 - 10/3-5
- Ping Identity Announces Identify 2017 Customer Conference Series
- SecureSet Blog: New NICE Framework Creates Consistency for Employers and Agencies
- Swimlane blog: Realizing an Information Security Risk Management Framework
- WOW! - Senior Security Engineer
- ProLogis - Senior Security Analyst
- Vertafore - Application and Product Security Manager
- Ping Identity - IT Systems Administrator
- Proofpoint - Senior Sales Engineer
- Tenable - Regional Sales Manager - West
- SecureSet - Careers Services Manager
- Pearson - Cloud Security Architect
- Security Wolfe - Cybersecurity Consultant
- OpusBank - Sr Information Security Program Manager
This Week and Next:
- ISSA September Chapter Meetings (Deon Mahafee) - 9/12-13
- CTA - Insights Series with Forrester Research - 9/13
- ISSA COS - September Chapter Meetings - 9/13-14
- ISSA - Women in Security SIG - 9/14
- SecureSet - Career Conversations: Hilary Constable on Utilizing Your Network- 9/14
- CCSK Training - 9/16
- ISSA COS - Mini Seminar - 9/16
- SANS/LogRhythm - SEC511: Continuous Monitoring and Security Operations - 9/18-23
- OWASP - September Chapter meeting - 9/20
- Corus360 Security Symposium - 9/21
- ISC(2) - Denver Meeting - John R. Nye, CynergisTek, Inc. - 9/21
- DenverSec - North Meetup - 9/21
- Cybertech Girls - 9/23
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com