In this episode:
Robb sat down with security maverick Chris Roberts. News from Convercent, ProtectWise, Coalfire, LogRhythm and more.
RMISC 17 descends - Colorado will never be the same
We've been talking about it since the podcast started, and RMISC is finally upon us. This week we discussed what to look for at the conference, a new national TV show coming to Denver, a privacy law dies in the Colorado legislature, and news from Convercent, ProtectWise, Coalfire, LogRhythm and more.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Robb sat with Chris Roberts. Chris tells his security story, including his experience starting multiple security companies, and the big airplane Twitter controversy of 2015. Enjoy.
Local security news:
- Denver tech salaries provide 4th best quality of life
- New national live TV show to be produced in Denver
- Law to limit Colorado government's knowledge of internet purchases dies
- Convercent closes 10m equity round (fourth round of ~10 in four years)
- ProtectWise hires Damon Harvey as VP of EMEA
- Coalfire - FedRAMP Market Report - Securing Your Cloud Solutions
- LogRhythm Announces Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) Program | LogRhythm
- TeleTech - Manager Network Security
- Colorado Housing and Finance Authority - Information Security Officer
- Amazon - Senior Software Development Engineer, Network Security
- National Jewish Health - Security Analyst
- Newmont Mining - IT Security & Compliance Analyst
- CenturyLink - Lead Information Security Engineer, Cybersecurity Vulnerability Assessment
- IHS - Information Security Engineer
- Lockheed - Cyber Intel Analyst Senior
This Week's Events:
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference (RMISC) 5/9-11
- CTA 101 - 5/10
- COS ISSA - CTU Presents - 5/10
- SecureSet - Expert Series - Ben Yablon, Salt Lending and Blockchain - 5/11
- Denver BSides 5/12-13
Notable Upcoming Events:
- ISSA COS Security+ Trainings (6/3 + 6/10)
- 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum 8/30-31
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com