In this episode:
Don Bailey of Lab Mouse Security was our featured guest. News from Boom Supersonic, TapInfluence leaving Colorado, Microsoft, ProtectWise, SecureSet, LogRhythm, Ping Identity and root9B.
Happy birthday 'Murica
It's our nation's birthday! We hope you are grilling a hot dog, hanging at the pool in your flip flops as you listen to this episode. We kept it quick so you don't burn (on your shoulders or your grill) while you listen. Robb sat down with local security entrepreneur Don Bailey of Lab Mouse Security. Plus all kinds of great local news.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Don Bailey, founder and president of Lab Mouse Security, sat with Robb to talk about how he made his way from studying and playing music, to hacking phones and cars, to securing the Internet of Things. Don sheds some light on the Colorado security scene and where he sees the industry going. Find Don on Twitter.
Local security news:
- The Denver Post tried Amazon’s Prime Now in Denver. Here’s what you need to know.
- Ax throwing, Denver's latest bar game, is like darts but with axes
- Boom Supersonic unveils new airplane, sees aircraft orders increase sevenfold
- Tech firm TapInfluence moves headquarters to Silicon Valley
- Microsoft gives $25.8 million to expand Colorado workforce training program
- ProtectWise & sep2 announce channel partnership
- root9b tops the Cybersecurity 500 List again
- SecureSet adds Senator Mark Udall to its board
- LogRhythm Blog: Deploying Netmon freemium at home to monitor IoT
- Ping Identity - GRC Analyst
- SecureWorks - Senior Security Program Manager
- Swimlane - Technical Content Writer
- Vail Valley Medical Center - IT Security Analyst
- Amazon - Sr Security Engineer
- Oracle - Sr Security Analyst
- LogRhythm - Professional Services Consultant, Senior PS Consultant, & Manager of PS
- Salesforce - Manager - External Certifications, Sr. Analyst - External Certifications, Sr. Analyst - IT SOX
This Week and Next:
- DenSec - Meetup - 7/3
- CSA - July Meeting - 7/11
- Denver ISSA - July Meetings - 7/11-12
- COS ISSA - Chapter meetings - 7/12-13
- Colorado Innovation and Technology Experience - 7/13-14
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com