In this episode:
Brad Feld is the feature interview this week. Brad is managing partner for Foundry Group, and co-founder of Techstars. News from Amazon, ID Watchdog, Sphero, Optiv, Ping Identity, and Swimlane.
Alex will never be lonely again
The summer is in full swing, though the Denver weather hasn't quite been convinced to get with the program. Tech hiring is up in Denver in 2017, a Denver identity theft company gets acquired for a big price tag, Optiv and Ping have some big announcements this week, Swimlane gives a nice tutorial on what security automation is (and why you need). Finally, a local toy maker has spun off a personal robot company; Alex will never be lonely again.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Brad Feld, co-founder at Techstars and managing partner at Foundry Group, has brought Boulder, and all of Colorado, into the Venture Capital world. Robb was lucky enough to have the opportunity to sit with Brad to discuss how he ended up in Boulder, what accomplishment Brad is most proud of, and where he sees technology (and security) going in the future.
Local security news:
- The Denver Post tried Amazon’s Prime Now in Denver. Here’s what you need to know.
- Sphero, Boulder toy maker, spins off personal robot company
- Denver IT hiring expected to increase in second half of 2017
- ID Watchdog, Denver based identity theft company, bought for $63m
- Optiv Security Announces Two New Offerings to Help Organizations Build Identity Centric Security Programs
- Ping Identity Extends Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Delivering Secure Access to All On-Premises Enterprise Applications
- Ping makes their MFA product super customizable with an SDK
- Swimlane Blog: What is Security Automation and Do You Need It?
- Randall Frietzsche CISO at Denver Health
- Optiv - Executive Director-Executive Solutions-oCISO
- DISH Networks - Sr. Security Engineer
- Premier Members Credit Union - Info Security Analyst
- Western Union - IT Project Manager (Information Security)
- BP - Security Architect
- West Corporation - Senior Divisional Information Security Risk Analyst
- Ping Identity - GRC Analyst
This Week and Next:
- ISSA Denver WIS - 6/27 (new location - Denver Field House)
- Cyber Security World - 6/28-29
- Evanta - 2017 CISO Executive Summit - 6/29
- SecureSet - Cybersecurity Career Trends - 6/29
- SecureSet - Open House at new location - 6/29
- DenSec - Meetup - 7/3
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org