Two Feature Interviews and... what's a SNOWFROC?
This Thursday Denver OWASP's annual conference (SnowFROC - Front Range OWASP Conference) hits the Cable Center, come see Robb deliver the opening keynote presentation. Registration for RMISC is open now... early bird pricing available until 4/15.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates, and our listener survey - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Reach out with any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
We've got a 2-fer this week. Two feature interviews for the price of one.
First, Alex sat down with Rock Lambros, Chairman for the Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference. They discussed what's coming in this year's conference, along with much of the planning that goes on behind the scenes.
Additional this week, Robb sat down with Colleen Murphy, president of ISSA Colorado Springs. The C.Springs is doing a lot of great stuff, including Security+ and CISSP training, that may be worth the drive even if you're up in Denver.
Local security news:
- Radio Shack Going Bankrupt (again) and closing more stores - likely including the one on 16th St Mall
- DDoS preparedness article written by Sam Masiello and Robb Reck
- Veracode acquired by CA
- SendGrid acquires SF marketing company Bizzy
- Ping Identity, LogRhythm, ProtectWise and WebRoot all named to CRN 100
- Dale Drew named to the top 100 CISOs for 2017
- College Hackers Converge in Denver
- RMISC Registration is up!
- Denver Health - CISO
- Molson Coors - VP Global Internal Audit
- Ping Identity - Director Infrastructure Operations
- Wells Fargo - IT Senior Lead Auditor
- FireEye - Industrial Control Systems Security Consultant
- Webroot - Advanced Malware Analyst, Research
- Allegiance Consulting - IoT Security Analyst
- 1st Bank - Associate Analyst - Information Security
- Alchemy Security - Cyber Security Jr Analyst Intern
- 17 jobs @ Ping Identity
- 7 jobs @ Red Canary
- 6 jobs @ Protectwise
- 17 jobs @ Webroot
- 14 jobs @ LogRhythm
This Week's Events:
- CSA - March Chapter Meeting - CASB Overview and Board Election 3/14
- OWASP - Free Training - AppSec for Developers 3/15
- OWASP - SNOWFROC3/16
- CTA's C-Level at Mile High 3/16
- ISACA March Meeting 3/16
- March Madness Networking Event (CloudPassage & Trace3) 3/16
- SecureSet - CyberSecurity Talk with Devin T. Byrd, Sr. Malware Reverse Engineer, Cylance 3/16
Notable Upcoming Events:
- ISSA Colorado Spring's Security+ Training 4/1 & 4/18
- ISSA Denver's Women In Security Kick-Off 4/19
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference (RMISC) 5/9-11
- Denver BSides 5/12-13
- 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum 8/30-31
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com