In this episode:
Steve Kosten, President of OWASP Denver, is our feature guest this week. News from: Red Robin, Convercent, Optiv, Ping Identity, Cognizant, Gates, DISH Network, LogRhythm, Secure64, Red Canary and a lot more!
"First I'd like to thank the Academy"
On Wednesday night at the Denver Center for Performing Arts, we got to see the first Colorado CISO of the year awarded. Each of the finalists were former guests of Colorado = Security. It was so exciting that Robb videoed it and learned how to use Youtube. Check it out. In other news: Red Robin looks to slow down a bit, Convercent makes a list of fast growers, Optiv hires more big names, Andre Durand has fit a lifetime of achievements in to his first 49 years, LogRhythm serves up some PIE, Red Canary dives in deeper on their Atomic Red Team, and Robb really doesn't like Secure64's take on IoT devices.
Did you catch our trivia question? Be the first to reply to email@example.com with the right answer and get any $25 item from the Colorado = Security store.
Steve Kosten, President of OWASP Denver is our feature guest this week. Alex sat down with Steve to discuss OWASP, how he got involved in volunteering, and his future plans with the OWASP organization. Steve started his career as a developer which helped drive his move to application security and his current role in application security consulting.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now
- Red Robin will halt new restaurant development after 2018
- Optiv Security Announces Two Executive Appointments
- Andre Durand wins CTA's Lifetime Achievement award
- CTA APEX Awards — CISO of the Year plans ahead to make sure clients are secure
- CTA APEX Awards — John Everson is a finalist for CISO of the Year
- CTA APEX Awards — Sam Masiello is a finalist for CISO of the Year
- LogRhythm Blog - Phishing Intelligence Engine (PIE): Open-Source Release
- Secure64 Blog - Internet of Things – just because we can, doesn’t mean we should
- Red Canary Blog - Q & A: How to Test Your Defenses With Atomic Red Team
- NREL - Security Manager and CISO
- TeleTech - Director, Information Security
- Polar Field Services - IT & Communications Mgr
- SecureSet - Cybersecurity Technical Instructor
- Quantix/Protech - Cyber Security Forensic Analyst
- Xcel Energy - IT Intern (Rotational Job)
- Red Canary - Sales Development Representative
This Week and Next:
- ISSA DEN - Nov Chapter Meetings - 11/14-11/15
- CTA - Insights Series - Are you Prepared for AI in the Workplace? - 11/15
- Denver OWASP - November Meeting - 11/15
- ISSA COS - November Chapter Meetings - 11/15-16
- ISSA Denver - WIS meeting - 11/16
- ISACA Denver - November Chapter Meeting - 11/16
- DenSec - Meetup North - 11/16
- ISC2 - Steven B. Armstrong, CISSP - TOPIC: Enterprise Risk Management - 11/16
- SecureSet - Expert Series: Dr. John Black, Understanding the Equifax Hack - 11/16
Other Notable Upcoming Events: