In this episode:
Andy Grolnick, CEO of LogRhythm, is our feature guest this week. News from: Oracle, Red Canary, Denver Startup Week, LogRhythm, ManagedMethods, Secure64 and more!
Sure it'll only take 14 minutes to get from Denver to Pueblo, but will the wifi work?
This could bring a whole new meaning to "tubing in the rockies." Oracle is laying off a lot of people, as they shift to a cloud focus, Red Canary makes a list of growing CO companies, Colorado = Security is taking over Denver Startup Week, LogRhythm integrates with Cisco, and some thought leadership pieces by ManagedMethods, and Secure64. And probably a little chatting about that Equifax thing too, while we're at it.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Andy Grolnick graces us with his presence this week. Andy is responsible for leading LogRhythm through tremendous growth. He talks about the challenges of scaling a company, why they're doing it in Colorado, and what he sees next.
Also, a couple years ago Robb's interviewed Chris Peterson, LogRhythm founder. You can check that out here: https://inforeck.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/an-interview-with-logrhythms-chris-petersen/
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now
- Transportation by tube coming to Colorado?
- Oracle cuts 2500 jobs amid cloud push
- Working from home on the rise in Denver; here are 12 metro-based companies hiring right now
- Regis University hosting STEM event to expose girls to tech's hottest job sector: cybersecurity
- LogRhythm Enhances Cisco's Security Hardware and Software Portfolio
- Managed Methods Blog: Why the Architecture of your CASB Matters
- Secure64 Opinion Piece: What would happen if the DNS of the internet were compromised?
- Vector8 - Threat Hunting and Advanced Analytics Course
- State of Colorado - Criminal Investigator II - Cyber Crime Investigator
- Red Sky Interactive - Senior Sales Executive - Colorado
- Deloitte - Cyber GRC Technical Architect Sr Consultant - Archer
- Coalfire - Project Manager
- Lockheed Martin - Cyber College Development Program
- Ball Aerospace - Information Systems Security Officer I
- LGS Innovations - Reverse Engineer II
- Pearson - Director, Global Product Information Security Officer (PISO)
- ViaSat - Network Security Engineer
- Lockheed Martin - Cyber Security Director
- InteliSecure - Director, Information Security, Governance, Risk & Compliance
This Week and Next:
- SANS/LogRhythm - SEC511: Continuous Monitoring and Security Operations - 9/18-23
- OWASP - September Chapter meeting - 9/20
- Corus360 Security Symposium - 9/21
- ISC(2) - Denver Meeting - John R. Nye, CynergisTek, Inc. - 9/21
- DenverSec - North Meetup - 9/21
- Cybertech Girls - 9/23
- Denver Startup Week - Cybersecurity - Compliance & Security Panel - 9/25
- SANS Rocky Mountain Fall - 9/25 - 9/30
- CISO Advisor Alliance - Leadership Summit - 9/26-27
- NCC - Cyber Healthcare Exercise - 9/27
- Denver Startup Week - Security Founders Panel - 9/27
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org