In this episode:
Robb sat down with co-founder and CEO of Swimlane, Cody Cornell. Plus news from Oracle, LogRhythm, ProtectWise, SecureSet, and WebRoot makes a mistake.
Swimlane has nothing to do with water
US News confirms what we already knew - Denver is the best place to list in the US. Oracle is creating an internal start-up center in Colorado, Chipotle is in the news as the victim of the latest point of sale breach, WebRoot's whoops causes customers to identify critical windows files as malicious, and a whole lot more this week.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Robb sat with Cody Cornell, co-founder and CEO of Louisville-based security company Swimlane. Swimlane is one of a new breed of company that seeks to automate much of the response to alerting, helping security operations folks scale dramatically. Thanks to Cody for coming on to tell his story.
Local security news:
- Denver #1 on US News Best Places to live list
- Oracle may be planning internal “startup” center in Denver to explore VR, new technologies
- Chipotle security breach
- WebRoot scrambles to reverse false positive
- LogRhythm Named a Leader in Security Analytics Platforms
- ProtectWise enables 'bring your own intelligence'
- SecureSet Accelerator accepting applications
- Spectrum - Sr Mgr, Network Security Ops
- Vail Resorts - Enterprise Program Manager
- Deloitte - CASB Manager
- City & County of Denver - Identity Management Associate
- Proofpoint - Senior Major Accounts Manager
- Xcel Energy - Senior Security Analyst
- DU - Adjunct Faculty, Cybersecurity - Ritchie School of Engineering & Computer Science
- DCP Midstream - IT Security Analyst V
- Cisco- Team Lead, Incident Response
This Week's Events:
Notable Upcoming Events:
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference (RMISC) 5/9-11
- Denver BSides 5/12-13
- ISSA COS Security+ Trainings (6/3 + 6/10)
- 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum 8/30-31
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com