In this episode:
Robb was under the weather so Steve Knight, Senior Director with Kaiser Permanente, sat in as co-host for the news. Robb sat down with DISH Networks CISO John Everson. Plus news from CyberGRX, Coalfire, LogRhythm, Google, and an imposter at Denver Health.
John Everson dishes on Security
This week we welcome guest co-host Steve Knight. Steve is Senior Director of Risk Solutions and Innovation at Kaiser Permanente. A number of AWS services have now been FedRAMP certified by Coalfire/Veris. CyberGRX gets another $20M in funding to continue their growth. LogRhythm is putting out a series of security awareness posters and the first one is on passwords. Denver Health had an issue the reminds us that physical security can't be taken for granted. Google published an ebook on their standards for tiered access as part of their BeyondCorp project.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
John Everson is the CISO for DISH Network and sits down with Robb to talk about his journey.
Local security news:
- Veris Group, Recently Acquired by Coalfire, Completes FedRAMP High JAB Assessment of Additional AWS GovCloud (US) Services
- Denver cybersecurity startup CyberGRX hits a nerve, attracts $20 million in round led by Silicon Valley VC
- Free Security Awareness Posters (You’ll Actually Want to Use)
- Woman posed as medical student at Denver Health to treat patients
- Mobility best practice in connected workspaces: tiered access at Google
- Startups no more? Jobs, funding on the rise for Denver’s maturing tech scene
- Ball Aerospace - Network Security Administrator II
- CHI - Senior Compliance Specialist
- Oppenheimer Funds - Cyber Security Manager Identity and Access
- Kaiser - Executive Director, Cyber Identity and Access Management
- Palo Alto Networks - CyberSecurity Manager CSS Denver
- Arrow Electronics - Information Security Architect I
- KPMG - Director, Cyber Security Services
- COBiz Financial - IT Senior Risk Analyst
This Week's Events:
- AWS Security - Automating Security in the Cloud - 4/25-26
- SecureSet - Capture the Flag - 4/28
- ISSA COS - Mini Seminar - 4/29
Notable Upcoming Events:
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference (RMISC) 5/9-11
- Denver BSides 5/12-13
- ISSA COS Security+ Trainings (6/3 + 6/10)
- 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum 8/30-31
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org