In this episode:
Fred Kneip, CEO and founder of CyberGRX, is our feature guest this week. News from: CTA, iFly, SendGrid, First Data, the Denver Post, Ping Identity, LogRhythm, Optiv and a lot more!
CISO finalists are out, and it's a familiar bunch!
The Apex Awards CISO of the year finalists are out, and it's three friends of the show. iFly is helping support STEM in our schools. SendGrid is getting ready to IPO, and soon. Sadly, First Data further reduces their footprint in Denver. The Denver Post tells us how to get smart about MFA. Ping's founder tells us about the future of identity. And LogRhythm and Optiv give some guidance for your security program.
Did you catch our trivia question? Be the first to reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the right answer and get any $25 item from the Colorado = Security store.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/.
This week, Fred Kneip (CEO and founder) sat down with Robb to tell the story of starting and ramping up CyberGRX. CyberGRX is one of the hottest startups in security, was recently named at Denver Gazelle, and looks to have a very bright future. Fred talks about his career at Bridgewater Associates, working for Ray Dalio, where the idea for CyberGRX came from, and a whole lot more.
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now
- Lone Tree indoor skydiving company aims to expand STEM programming for K-12 students
- Successful SendGrid IPO could put Denver on software map
- First Data Corp. cuts 201 jobs at its Greenwood Village office
- CISO of the year finalists
- Denver Post: Using two-factor authentication when you don’t have access to a smartphone app
- The Future of Identity: Ping CEO Andre Durand Shares Insights with iTWire
- LogRhythm Blog: Using Honey Credentials to make Pivoting Detectable
- Optiv Security’s New Comprehensive Approach Helps Enterprises Clarify and Satisfy All Cyber Security Requirements of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- GE - IT- Cyber Security Engineer
- Pearson - Cloud Security Engineer, Identity & Access
- Fast Enterprises - Information Security Analyst
- Progressive A/S - Senior Information Security Auditor
- Cigna - Cyber Threat Responder and Malware Analyst
- CHI - Cyber Security Engineer III
- Splunk - Professional Services Security Consultant
- FBI - Special Agent
This Week and Next:
- SecureWorld Denver - 11/1-2
- NCC - Governor's Cyber Symposium - 11/1-3
- DenSec - Meetup South - 11/6
- SecureSet - Hacking 101 Workshop: AppSec - 11/7
- CSA - CCSK Training - 11/8
- CTA - APEX Awards - 11/8
- 2017 CSA-CO Fall Summit - 11/9
- ISSA DEN - GDPR Training - 11/9
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com