In this episode:
Mike Benjamin, VP of Threat Intel and Research at Level 3, is our feature guest this week. News from: Amazon, the City of Denver, Webroot, LogRhythm, CenturyLink, CableLabs, ProtectWise, Red Canary, Swimlane, SecureWorld, and a lot more!
The Amazon bid is in, but do we even want to win?
Did you catch our trivia question? Be the first to reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the right answer and get any $25 item from the Colorado = Security store.
Colorado has submitted their bid for Amazon HQ2 but does Colorado even want it? Some locals are concerned about rising housing costs and additional congestion. The City of Denver won a Cybersecurity Leadership and Innovation Award based on their collaborative work on the integrity of the 2016 election in conjunction the Colorado Secretary of State and Homeland Security. The CEO of CenturyLink plans to stay in Colorado. We also have announcements about a new threat research site from Protectwise, LogRhythm embracing AI, and RedCanary releasing a testing framework for defenders.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Mike Benjamin, VP of Threat Intel and Research at Level 3, sat down with Robb this week to share his take on the industry. Mike tells his security career story, talks about the threats he sees on the internet, why he moved to Colorado and a lot more. Mike is one of the good guys in the Colorado security scene.
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now
- “Let another city ‘win'”: Some locals are saying no thanks to an Amazon headquarters in Denver
- No bribes or cities named “Amazon”: Colorado’s pitch to get the next headquarters touts incentives that could exceed $100M
- We've got company: Denver's bid for Amazon HQ2 is in a big pile
- Cybersecurity Leadership and Innovation Awards 2017 – Winners Announced
- The 9 Best Tech Companies in Colorado
- Louisiana company’s next CEO to stay in Colorado
- CableLabs Completes Full Duplex DOCSIS Specification
- Introducing: Protectwise 401TRG
- Red Canary Introduces Atomic Red Team, a New Testing Framework for Defenders
- Swimlane Achieves Integration With McAfee® Enterprise Security Manager Through The McAfee Security Innovation Alliance
- JT Gaietto now Executive Director, Security Services @ Richey May & Co
- PwC - Cyber Privacy Manager
- DoD - Counterintelligence Officer
- EMS Software - Director of Cloud Operations & Security
- City of Golden - Information Technology Manager
- Spectrum - Supervisor, Network Security Operations
- Blackstone Technology Group - Project Manager, Risk Management/Information Security
- InteliSecure - Data Protection Analyst
- AppliedTrust - InfoSec Engineer, Boulder
- Premier Members Credit Union - Info Sec Analyst
- Great-West - Security Data Science Director
This Week and Next:
- SecureSet - Hacking 101 Workshop: NetSec - 10/25
- CTA - Talent Series: Protecting Your Company's Trade Secrets and Other Confidential Information - 10/25
- ISSA Denver - Oil & Gas Special Interest Group - 10/26
- InfraGard - Business Email Compromise (BEC) Workshop - 10/27
- SecureSet - Capture the flag - 10/27
- SecureWorld Denver - 11/1-2
- NCC - Governor's Cyber Symposium - 11/1-3
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com