In this episode:
Zooko Wilcox, founder of Zcash is our guest this week. News from: Denver Post, LogRhythm, GTRI, Secure64, Automox, Optiv, DirectDefense and a lot more!
C.Springs v. Denver deathmatch (but Austin wins)
Colorado takes two of the top three spots in best places to win. Blockchain is going to solve all our problems. Governments are getting serious about election security (about time). LogRhythm did a survey - we are not the most confident people. GTRI is now Zivaro. And other stuff!
Check out Zooko on RadioLabo in the Ceremony.
Support us on Patreon! Fun swag available - all proceeds will directly support the Colorado = Security infrastructure. Come join us on the new Colorado = Security Slack channel to meet old and new friends.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com
Local security news:
- Join the Colorado = Security Slack channel
- Denver, Colorado Springs among U.S. News & World Report's 'best places to live' top rankings
- Colorado Legislative Tech Caucus Delves into Blockchain Technology
- Colorado among states engaged in “Cyber Storm” exercise to game out election-day threats
- New Study Finds IT Professionals Lack Confidence in Their Ability to Detect and Contain Cyberbreaches
- GTRI changing name to Zivaro Inc.
- Secure64 Releases TunnelGuard™ to detect and block DNS tunnels
- Automox blog: Real Time Patch Management
- Optiv blog: Who is the Data Protection Officer?
- DirectDefense blog: What’s in Your [Security] Wallet?
- Ping Identity - Senior Security Analyst
- Pulte Financial Services - Security Intern
- Innovage - Vice President of Security
- TIAA - Director - Fraud Detection
- Brown and Caldwell - Sr. Manager, Information Security
- Green House Data - Manager of Information Security
- Lockheed Martin - Cyber-Architect-Sr-Staff
- PSCU - Senior Security Administrator
- Western Union - Information Security Engineer, SOC
- S&P Global - Project Manager, Information Security
- Akamai - Technical Project Manager - Security
This Week and Next:
- ISSA COS - April Meetings - 4/17-18
- SecureSet - Career Conversations: Kevin Ford, Cyber Risk And Security Specialist At CyberGRX - 4/19
- ISACA - Annual meeting - 4/19
- Women in Security Denver - 4/24
- CSA CO - April Meeting - 4/24
- GDPR Meetup - Article 32 and the Elastic Stack - 4/25
- DenSec Meet-up - 4/25
- SecureSet - Capture the Flag - 4/27
- ISSA COS - Mini Seminar - 4/28
Other Notable Upcoming Events
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference - 5/8-10
- BSides Denver - 5/11-12
- Colorado Springs - Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum (CSTTF) - 8/22