In this episode:
Kris Merritt and Brian Concannon, co-founders of Vector8 are our guests this week. News from: RMISC, Ballard Spahr, ProtectWise, Denver Post, Red Canary and a lot more!
RMISC is over / We set so many great records / We need a long nap
Yes, that is a haiku. If you pronounce it R-misk at least. Which is a totally acceptable pronunciation. Anyway, the conference we awesome - I hope you didn't miss it. News this week about our amazing economy, Colorado politicians, GDPR's impact in Colorado, ProtectWise's survey, and Red Canary raising more money.
Support us on Patreon! Fun swag available - all proceeds will directly support the Colorado = Security infrastructure. Come join us on the new Colorado = Security Slack channel to meet old and new friends.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local security news:
- Join the Colorado = Security Slack channel
- Denver Startup Week - Starting a Security Company - VOTE NOW!
- Colorado Springs unemployment rate declines in March to 9-month low
- Colorado makes Chief Executive magazine's top 10 for 'Best States for Business'
- Colorado woman among five military wives threatened by Russian hackers who posed as IS
- Colorado politicians approve -- and then reject -- bill to distinguish blockchain tokens from securities
- Ballard Spahr Interviews Two Leaders of the Colorado Information Security Community
- Only 9 percent of millennials interested in cybersecurity careers, says survey by Denver's ProtectWise
- Protectwise - Survey Suggests Younger Generations, Including Females, May Fill The Cybersecurity Talent Gap
- Red Canary - SEC FORM D - 6.9M funding
- Ping Identity - Senior Security Analyst
- Ping Identity - Site Reliability Engineer - Security Operations
- Cognizant - Sr. Manager, CS - Application Security Architect
- S&P Global - Director, Security Architecture
- Centura Health - Security Architect
- 3D Systems - Security Engineer, Sr.
- Department of Veterans Affairs - IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
- BT - Regional Security Sales Specialist
- Raymond James Financial - Cyber Threat Analyst
- LogRhythm - Training Coordinator
- GuidePoint - vSOC Cyber Threat Hunter
This Week and Next:
- ISSA COS - May Meetings - 5/15-16
- CSA - May Chapter Meeting - 5/15
- DenSec Meetup - 5/16
- ISC2 Denver - May Chapter Meeting - 5/17
- ISSA COS - Mini Seminar - 5/19
- GDPR in Effect: Trimble, a Test Case - 5/22
- SecureSet - Career Convos: Kalia Garrido, Skylarq Digital - 5/22
- The GDPR and Data Privacy in the US - 5/23
- SecureSet - Capture the Flag - 5/24
Other Notable Upcoming Events
- Women in Technology Conference - 6/8
- Colorado Springs - Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum (CSTTF) - 8/22