In this episode:
Brian Beyer, co-founder and CEO of Red Canary is our guest this week. News from: Giordano's, SendGrid, CenturyLink, Denver Startup Week, Microsoft, LogRhythm, Threat X, Automox and a lot more!
Go VOTE the Colorado = Security panel at DSW!
In 'N Out is not the only chain that's going to make Colorado transplants swoon. SendGrid says mo' variety mo' money. CenturyLink decides to axe a bunch of people after all, to the surprise of nobody. Microsoft is expanding in the DTC. Plus updates from LogRhythm, Threat X, Automox, and more.
Support us on Patreon! Fun swag available - all proceeds will directly support the Colorado = Security infrastructure. Come join us on the new Colorado = Security Slack channel to meet old and new friends.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local security news:
- Join the Colorado = Security Slack channel
- Legendary Chicago-based Giordano's Pizza chain finally coming to Denver
- Researchers are hacking the human body in Colorado labs, from alcohol-sensing bracelets to color-changing diagnostic tattoos
- SendGrid, a Denver tech company, had its best financial year ever at the same time it increased diversity
- CenturyLink cutting hundreds of jobs, blames automation and Level 3 merger
- Denver Startup Week - Starting a Security Company - VOTE NOW!
- Microsoft opens "startup for big business" in Denver Tech Center
- LogRhythm blog: Augmenting Your Cyber Resiliency Strategy with NextGen SIEM
- New from Threat X - Enhanced Edge Caching, DDoS Mitigation & Bot Detection
- Automox blog: WSUS or SCCM For Patch Management?
- Mitch Tanenbaum blog: Logon Using Facebook ID? Understand the Devil’s Bargain You Made
- Ping Identity - Senior Security Analyst
- Ardent Mills - Director of IT Security
- Lares Consulting - AppSec Practice Lead
- Reliaquest - Solutions Engineer
- Twitter - Security Engineer, Tooling and Automation
- CableLabs - Security Engineer
- LogicWorks - Sr. Cloud Security Engineer
- Xcel Energy - Associate Cyber Defense Center Analyst
- Denver Health - IS Security Analyst III
- One Neck IT Solutions - CYBER SECURITY ANALYST - I/II
This Week and Next:
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference - 5/8-10
- CTA 101 - 5/9
- BSides Denver - 5/11-12
- ISSA COS - May Meetings - 5/15-16
- CSA - May Chapter Meeting - 5/15
- DenSec Meetup - 5/16
- ISC2 Denver - May Chapter Meeting - 5/17
- ISSA COS - Mini Seminar - 5/19
Other Notable Upcoming Events
- Women in Technology Conference - 6/8
- Colorado Springs - Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum (CSTTF) - 8/22