In this episode:
James Johnson, President of ISSA Denver is our guest this week. News from: RedCanary, Webroot, Amazon, Automox, Root9b, GTRI ... and a lot more!
Did you know that until this week it was illegal to auction alcohol for charity? So all of those wine baskets and bottles of booze you won to help support the local PTA could have landed you in some hot water. Well, lucky for you, Governor Hickenlooper signed a law at the beginning of March to make this practice legal. I guess that means it is time to double down on charitable donations. Also, Amazon is opening a physical bookstore at Park Meadows. We have a couple stories on high school STEM education. RedCanary is wondering if we're going to see criminals move from ransomware to cryptocurrency miners as their primary methods for making money. Webroot is still having double digit growth. Automox has received $2M in funding and GTRI partners with Root9B
Support us on Patreon! Fun swag available - all proceeds will directly support the Colorado = Security infrastructure. Thank you to Chris Abbey and Andre Gaeta for supporting us on Patreon!
Trivia: Congratulations to James W. for getting the answer this week. Did you catch this week's trivia question? Be the first to reply to email@example.com with the right answer and get any $25 item from the Colorado = Security store.
Come join us on the new Colorado = Security Slack channel to meet old and new friends.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local security news:
- Join the Colorado = Security Slack channel
- Charity booze auctions now legal!
- Amazon to open physical bookstore in Colorado
- Top 20 Colorado STEM High Schools
- Fort Collins High with Science Bowl
- Will cryptocurrency miners overtake ransomware?
- Webroot drives 4 years of double digit growth
- Automox secures $2M in funding
- GTRI and Root9B partner
- Ping Identity - GRC Analyst
- Ping Identity - Application Security Engineer
- Coalfire - Director, Healthcare
- Cognizant - Sr. Manager, Corporate Security - GRC
- ProLogis - IT Risk, Governance, & Compliance Manager
- Coalfire - Principal, Service Organization Controls Practice
- Staples - Senior Application Security Engineer
- ProtectWise - DevOps Engineer
- CenturyLink - Information Security Engineer I
- DirectDefense - LogRhythm Security Analyst
- Pearson - Senior Cloud Security Engineer, DevOps
- LenderLive - Information Security Analyst
This Week and Next:
- ISSA Denver March Meetings - 3/13-14
- C-Level @ Mile High - 3/15
- ISACA - March Meeting - Combatting Fraud and Corruption with Data Analytics - 3/15
- SecureSet - Cybersecurity Expert Series: Chris Roberts, Acalvio - 3/15
- ISC2 Denver - March Meeting - 3/15
- ISACA Denver - Certification Training - 3/17
- CSA - March Chapter Meeting - 3/20
- DenSec - March Meetup - 3/21
- ISSA Denver - Happy Hour - 3/22
- SecureSet - Capture the Flag: Hackathon - 3/23
Other Notable Upcoming Events