In this episode:
Andre Durand, CEO & Founder at Ping Identity is our guest this week. News from: DigitalGlobe, Swimlane, Facebook, Women Who Code, InteliSecure, Convercent, LogRhythm, Security Pursuit ... and a lot more!
Look Who's Poking Around Union Station
Facebook. Get it? Poking? That used to be a thing on Facebook. Anywho... FB is opening a big new office in Denver. Where does Denver rate for women in tech? At least one school district is enabling their teachers to be educated on cyber. InteliSecure has new integrations. Convercent tells us how to react to ethical incidents. LogRhythm teaches us about the big memcache DDoS. And Security Pursuit gives us the low-down on GDPR.
Support us on Patreon! Fun swag available - all proceeds will directly support the Colorado = Security infrastructure. Thank you to Chris Abbey and Andre Gaeta for supporting us on Patreon!
Trivia: Congratulations to James W. for getting the answer this week. Did you catch this week's trivia question? Be the first to reply to email@example.com with the right answer and get any $25 item from the Colorado = Security store.
Come join us on the new Colorado = Security Slack channel to meet old and new friends.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local security news:
- Join the Colorado = Security Slack channel
- Facebook leases 23,000 SF at Union Station
- How does Denver rank as a city for working women?
- "Women who code" try to build a more diverse and inclusive Denver tech community
- Teachers get schooled - GenCyber Colorado 2018
- InteliSecure Announces Netskope and Digital Guardian Partnerships
- The worst thing you can do is nothing: The case for reactivity in the workplace
- LogRhythm blog - Detecting Memcached DDoS Attacks Targeting GitHub
- Security Pursuit blog: What Is GDPR? And is Compliance Required?
- Ping Identity blog - How IAM balances innovation and security for financial services
- Cognizant - Director, Corporate Security – Cyber Security Audit
- NBCUniversal - Broadcast Cyber Security Officer
- LogRhythm - Manager Compliance Research
- Ping Identity - Infrastructure Security Specialist
- Ping Identity - GRC Analyst
- Ping Identity - Application Security Engineer
- Pearson - Senior Cloud Security Engineer, DevOps
- CHI - Enterprise Architect - Security
- Swimlane - Sales Development Rep (SDR)
This Week and Next:
- CSA - March Chapter Meeting - 3/20
- LadyCoders – Personal Branding: Branding Yourself for a Pivot - 3/20
- DenSec - March Meetup - 3/21
- ISSA Denver - Happy Hour - 3/22
- SecureSet - Capture the Flag: Hackathon - 3/23
- SecureSet - Career Conversations: Karen Worstell - 3/27
- GDPR MeetUp - GDPR & The Legal Basis for Processing: Is consent really required? - 3/27
- ISSA COS - 5th Annual Cyber Focus Day - 3/29
Other Notable Upcoming Events
- Women in Security Denver - 4/24
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference - 5/8-10
- BSides Denver - 5/11-12