In this episode:
Cam Williams, Founder & CTO at OverWatchID is our guest this week. News from: Google, Xactly, Gates, Red Canary, LogRhythm and a lot more!
Colorado = Security is always a bull market
Google is hiring in Colorado (Xactly too). In the blockchain Colorado trusts. Time to mentor. Gates IPO went pretty well. Red Canary's founder hits Forbes. A blog from LogRhythm. And a spotlight on our friend Gail Coury.
Come join us on the new Colorado = Security Slack channel to meet old and new friends. Did you catch our trivia question? Be the first to reply to email@example.com with the right answer and get any $25 item from the Colorado = Security store.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local security news:
- Join the Colorado = Security Slack channel
- Google to hire thousands in 9 states (including Colorado)
- Colorado eyes blockchain to secure government data, legal pot
- New Cybersecurity Bill - "CONCERNING THE USE OF CYBER CODING CRYPTOLOGY FOR STATE RECORDS"
- Invest in You: Are you ready to be a mentor?
- Silicon Valley software firm Xactly expands in Denver
- Gates says IPO raised nearly $800 million
- As Featured in Forbes: CEO Brian Beyer on 2018 Cyber Security Trends
- Integrating Threat Intelligence to Keep up with Today’s Cyberthreats
- Gail Coury featured in ISSA Journal this month (page 12)
- Holland & Hart - Information Security Officer
- BP - Security Architect
- Arrow - Security Architect - Applications
- QEP Resources - IT Security Analyst
- Red Sky Solutions - Senior Systems Engineer
- Burwood Group - Sr. Network Security Consultant
- Kivu - Associate Director
- Kivu - Analyst
- SecureSet - Vice President of Educational Products and Programming
- Optiv - Director Content Strategy
- CyberGRX - Content Marketing Manager
This Week and Next:
- Nederland Library - Cyber Security for the Individual - 2/13
- ISSA Denver - February Chapter Meetings - 2/13-14
- SecureSet - Cybersecurity Expert Series: Chris Roberts, Acalvio - 2/15
- DenSec - North Meetup - 2/15
- ISACA - February Meeting - Active Defense: Why Duck when you can Hit back? - 2/15
- OWASP Boulder - Automating Offensive and Defensive CyberOps with John Grigg - 2/15
- ISSA COS - Mini seminar - 2/17
- CSA - February Meeting - 2/20
- ISSA COS - February Meetings - 2/20-21
- ISSA Denver - Happy Hour - 2/21
- CTA - Day at the Capital - 2/21
Other Notable Upcoming Events