In this episode:
Robb interviews Ed Rios & Jenifer Furda of the National Cybersecurity Center. News from LogRhythm, Optiv, Coalfire, Janus, and a robot security guard company in Lakewood.
RIP Denver video rental scene
Can you believe we're already in June? Us either. Summer is upon us... kids are out of school and robotic security guards are coming to get you. Join us this week as we plumb the depths of security in the Colorado community and find a few nuggets worth discussing. My favorite is Coalfire's anatomy of paying a ransom. But don't miss the news of the death of Denver's last video rental store.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Robb sat down with Ed Rios (CEO) & Jenifer Furda (COO) of the National Cybersecurity Center. This is a new organization located in Colorado Springs, focused on providing value around incident response, intelligence, and training. Ed and Jenifer shared a ton about current state, where the NCC is heading, and what you can do to help.
Local security news:
- Denver boasts lowest jobless rate of any major metro area
- Denver's last video rental store closing at the end of the month
- Vertafore moving HQ to Denver
- Lakewood based robot security guard company raising funds
- Deloitte Canada (MSSP) picks LogRhythm's Threat Lifecycle Management Platform
- LogRhythm contest to use NetMon Freemium to solve a problem on your network... win money!
- Optiv enhanced intelligence capabilities within their Evantix platform
- Ransomware: the anatomy of paying a ransom to decrypt hostage files
- Denver's Janus Capital Group surrenders independence
- Denver's own Joe McComb named Global CISO of new organization - Janus Henderson Group
- Gates - Director information security & risk
- Miller Coors - Sr Director, IT Security
- TIAA - Sr Director, IT Audit
- Ball Aerospace - Senior Security Manager, Tactical Solutions
- EMS Software - Director of Cloud Ops & Security
- Spectrum - SR Dir, Network Security Ops
- Spectrum - SR Mgr, Vulnerability Compliance
This Week's Events:
- SecureSet - What is NetSec? - 6/5
- CTA - SheTech - 6/8
- Women in Technology Conference - 6/9
- ISSA C.Springs - Security + Training (2 of 2) - 6/10
Notable Upcoming Events:
- ISSA Healthcare Special Interest Group - (6/22)
- ISSA Denver Women in Security Meeting - (6/27)
- Evanta CXO Summit - (6/29)
- 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum - (8/30-31)
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org