In this episode:
Robb interviews Andrea Young, President of the Colorado Technology Association. News from Shark Tank coming to Colorado, Denver Startup Week, Optiv, WebRoot and more!
Vote now to see Colorado = Security at the Denver Startup Week
The Denver economy is really heating up. Record lows of unemployment, increasing business starts, and an active tech scene make this the best place to be in 2017. This week we feature Colorado Technology Association head Andrea Young, who shares the vision of CTA with us, and tells us how to get involved. Plus Shark Tank is coming to Denver, Optiv Evantix IT World Award, insights from RMISC, and a whole lot more.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
Robb sat down with Andrea Young, president of the Colorado Technology Association. Andrea tells about her career (previous to CTA she was CIO to BI Incorporated in Boulder), and what brought her to lead CTA. This is a great opportunity to learn what CTA does in Colorado, and how you can get involved.
Local security news:
- Colorado's unemployment rate dropped to a record-low 2.3 percent in April
- Shark Tank holding open call in Denver 5/24
- Race to the Raise: Denver jumps into startup pitch-night frenzy - Denver Business Journal
- SUPPORT COLORADO = SECURITY! Security Founders Panel at Denver Startup Week
- Would your company survive a cyber attack?
- Insights from the Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference 2017
- Optiv Evantix Wins 2017 IT World Award
- Clavister Selects Webroot BrightCloud IP Reputation Service
- Credit Union of Colorado - Information Security Officer
- Fluor - Security Manager
- Digital Globe - Sr Security Architect
- Rise Broadband - Engineer, Network Security
- Coalfire - healthcare consultant, associate
- Lockheed Martin - Technical Trainer
- LogRhythm - Senior UI Developer
This Week's Events:
Notable Upcoming Events:
- ISSA COS Security+ Trainings (6/3 + 6/10)
- Evanta CXO Summit (6/29)
- 7th Annual Cyber Security Training & Technology Forum (8/30-31)
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com