In this episode:
Denver's local FBI Special Agent is our guest this week. News from: Chipotle, Cyberpatriots, Threat X, LogRhythm, Ping Identity, Coalfire and a lot more!
Are the Olympics coming to town?
And more importantly, do we want them to come here in 2026? (Spoiler alert- No.) The Denver job market for 2018 looks good (especially for security). Chipotle is moving (but keeping the guac I hope). Highlands Ranch high school kids are better than you at security. Threat X takes a round (7.3m). And some blogs from LogRhythm, Ping (Robb wrote it!), and Coalfire.
Please come join us on the new Colorado = Security Slack channel to meet old and new friends. Did you catch our trivia question? Be the first to reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the right answer and get any $25 item from the Colorado = Security store.
This week's feature guest is a special agent for the FBI, focused here in Denver. To protect his privacy, we're not sharing his name, but he does share a lot of stories about what it's like to join the FBI, what his day-to-day job looks like, when we should engage with the FBI, and how he's experienced the Colorado community. Here is the FBI's position on encryption: https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/deputy-attorney-general-rod-j-rosenstein-delivers-remarks-encryption-united-states-naval.
You can reach the Denver FBI field office at 303-629-7171
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at email@example.com
Local security news:
- Join the Colorado = Security Slack channel
- Denver exploring 2026 Olympic bid
- What does the Denver tech job market look like for 2018?
- Chipotle is moving into new headquarters
- Highlands Ranch Cyberpatriots
- Threat X takes $7m round of capital
- LogRhythm blog - One Compliance Module to Rule Them All: Consolidated Compliance Framework
- Ping blog - Implementing High-quality Controls to Protect Private Keys
- Coalfire blog - Cybersecurity Incident Response: Three Lessons from Uber’s Story
- Cigna - Cyber Threat Responder and Malware Analysis Lead
- Ping Identity - Cloud Security Engineer
- Sunflower Bank - IT Risk Specialist
- Transamerica - Lead Paralegal, Privacy & Cyber Security Compliance
- Fast Enterprises - Information Security Analyst
- Cherokee Nation Businesses - Network & Cloud Security Specialist
- Wells Fargo - System Architect 5 - Crypto Security
- Carbon Black - SOC Analyst
- Black Knight - Threat Intelligence Analyst I
- The Merker Group - Privacy & Data Security Attorneys and Partners
This Week and Next:
- Colorado = Security lunch meet-up! (check us out on Slack for details)
- CitySec - Meetup North - 12/21
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
- Optiv - 2017 Solution and Program Insight Focus Group: Application Security (AppSec) - 1/18
- SnowFROC - 3/8
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Confernce - 5/8-10