In this episode:
Trent Hein, founder of Applied Trust is our guest this week. News from: Toastmasters, CDOT, CenturyLink, Amazon, Juniper Unmanned, Optiv... and a lot more!
"May the wave always die in your section"
That's my favorite toast. I'll drink to that. Toastmasters is hiring in Douglas County. Will CDOT get to use data from our vehicles? Former Level3 boss is taking over CenturyLink earlier than expected. Denver tech jobs surging. Amazon is expending in Denver (HQ2 or not). Drones are pretty popular. Other stuff too.
Support us on Patreon! Fun swag available - all proceeds will directly support the Colorado = Security infrastructure.
Come join us on the new Colorado = Security Slack channel to meet old and new friends.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local security news:
- Join the Colorado = Security Slack channel
- Toastmasters unveils new Douglas County headquarters, says it's hiring
- Bill would allow CDOT to use technology with data from vehicles
- Level 3's Jeff Storey to start CenturyLink CEO job eight months earlier than expected
- Tech employment in state increases by 6,530 jobs
- HQ2 or not, Amazon is already in Colorado — and rapidly expanding
- Golden drone company raises $3.4 million
- Kevin Mitnick was the FBI’s most wanted hacker in the ’90s. He was hiding in plain sight in Denver
- Denver online, phone and computer communications downed by "software bug"
- Optiv Security Earns Frost & Sullivan 2018 Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award
- Ping Identity - Senior Security Analyst
- Ping Identity - Infrastructure Security Specialist
- Ping Identity - GRC Analyst
- Staples - Microsoft Cloud Security Consultant
- Kaiser Permanente - Sr Analyst Cyber Risk Defense
- LogicWorks - Sr. Cloud Security Engineer
- DISH Network - Sr. Security Engineer
- NBCUniversal - Cyber Security Vulnerability Researcher
- Amazon - Security Transformation Consultant
- ClickBank - Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Bank Of America - Sr. Information Security Officer
This Week and Next:
- SecureSet - Hacking 101 Workshop: Intro To Threat Analysis - 4/3
- Critical Infrastructure Hackathon - 4/6-8
- ISSA COS - Security+ Exam Preparation Seminar - 4/7
- ISSA Denver April Meetings - 4/10-11
- SecureSet - CYBERSECURITY CAREER TRENDS: Nadean Tanner, CISSP, MCITP From Rapid7 - 4/12
Other Notable Upcoming Events
- Women in Security Denver - 4/24
- Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference - 5/8-10
- BSides Denver - 5/11-12