In this episode:
Mary Haynes, VP of Security at Charter Communications, is our feature guest this week. News from: root9B, CyberGRX, LogRhythm, Webroot, Alchemy Security, Ping Identity... and more!
Denver Startup Week... and root9B back from the dead
Billionaires graced the stage at Denver Startup Week, and some more common folks as well. The Denver economy helps drive our nation, according to science. root9B is going to live another day, but not as a public company. CyberGRX is a Gazelle, which is a good thing. Sara Avery talks Women in Security. Webroot's new CEO talks Webroot. Alchemy Security is making noise in a good way, and Ping Identity wonders if SMS authentication is ever a good idea.
Sign up for our mailing list on the main site to receive weekly updates - https://www.colorado-security.com/. We're continually working to improve the show, and appreciate the feedback we get from our listeners. If you discover any audio issues, or have suggestions for our format, let us know.
This week's feature guest is Mary Haynes, VP of Security for Charter Communications. Mary sat down with Robb in the studio, and talked about getting into security via customer support, how she became a heavy hitter in the telco security world, and where she sees her program going over the next year. Mary also shares her experience helping lead the Women in Security group.
Local security news:
- Colorado = Security store! Buy things now
- Denver Startup Week: Billionaires talk highs and lows; one calls Trump a Twitter troll
- Denver named one of the 17 'entrepreneurial engines that power our nation'
- Business advantages of blockchain smart contracts
- root9B acquired by Tracker Capital Management
- Denver's 6 Gazelles Names - CyberGRX is among them
- Women in Security Interview Series: Sara Avery
- Thoughts from Webroot's new President & CEO, Mike Potts
- Alchemy Security Elevates Cyber Security Continuous Monitoring Market
- Ping blog: Should You Use SMS as a Security Factor for Customers?
- Digital First Media - Cyber Security Director
- Ball Aerospace - Cyber Security Operations Lead
- InteliSecure - Cyber Security Intelligence Expert
- OppenheimerFunds - Cyber Security Engineer
- eFolder - Security Engineer
- Xcel Energy - Senior Analyst, Threat Intelligence Job
- Frontier Airlines - Sr Network Security Engineer
- Vantiv - Network Security Architect
- EdgeLink - Robotic Network Security Architect
- Ping - Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
- Swimlane - Security Solutions Engineer
This Week and Next:
- DenSec - Meetup South - 10/2
- Convercent - Converge17 - 10/3-5
- Vector8 - Threat Hunting and Advanced Analytics Course - 10/3-5
- ISSA COS - Professional Networking Event - 10/5
- Coalfire - HITrust Community Extension Program - 10/6
- October OWASP Denver joint meeting w/ SANS DevOps Summit - 10/10
- ISSA October Chapter Meetings - 10/10-11
- ISACA - October meeting - 10/12
Other Notable Upcoming Events:
- SecureWorld Denver - 11/1-2
- NCC - Governor's Cyber Symposium - 11/1-3
- CTA - APEX Awards - 11/8
- 2017 CSA-CO Fall Summit - 11/9
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org