Podcast is live!
The podcast for the week of 2/6 is live and available on our Soundcloud page here. We are still working to get it listed on iTunes and Google Play, but should be coming soon. Bear with us as we figure out this whole podcasting thing. My first thought as I listened was that we need to smile more, and maybe not record at midnight... The notes for the show are below.
For the first episode we thought it would be nice to interview each other, and explain what this whole podcast is about. Robb and Alex talk about professional backgrounds, why Colorado=Security exists, and why this is a movement you should get behind.
Local security news:
- Optiv IPO halted by private equity purchase by KKR
- First 200000 square feet of Hines' under-construction Denver tower taken by Gates & Optiv
- Colorado based acting U.S. attorney going after cyber criminals
- Coalfire buys Veris and takes aim at big competitors
- CenturyLink acquiring Level3
- ProtectWise - Colorado cybersecurity startup lands $25 million for expansion
- Swimlane - Colorado cybersecurity company raises $6M
- SecureSet gets $4m investment
- Root9B - North Carolina cybersecurity company moving HQ to Colorado - ranked #1 in the Cybersecurity 500
- eFolder is moving HQ from Atlanta to Denver
- Hickenlooper talked security in the State of the State
- Matt Shufeldt promoted to CISO of TriZetto
- Merlin Namuth appointed Director of Security for Red Robin
- Nancy Phillips hired as CISO for datAvail
- Christine Vanderpool moving from CISO of Molson Coors to Deputy CISO of Kaiser Permanente
- Chris Martinez leaves job as CISO for Aetna Consumer to become CISO for Digital Globe
If you have any questions or comments, or any organizations or events we should highlight, contact Alex and Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org